Re: Calling sqlplus or plsql code from ksh

From: Burt Peltier <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:36:27 -0600

The code below is good, but I am fairly certain there is the potential security risk that someone on the same Unix machine could do a ps command and see the process and it's commands, such as the username/password .

To hide this, you can pass it as the first line with no connect command ... doing this from memory but I am fairly certain this revised code would hide this info:

sqlplus -s >/dev/null 2>&1 <<EOF
monitor/oramon

   whenever sqlerror exit 1
   select * from dual;