WINODS NT SERVER Oracle - roblem starting oracle from Microsoft Terminal Server Remote Deskto

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2004 18:38:10 -0800

I have Oracle database running on a Windows NT server. I am accessing the server using Remote Desktop ( A Microsoft Terminal Service Client). Somone told me that there are limitations in remote desktop, i.e.,
one cannot start Oracle. I want to know why as well as the workarounds.

Instead of running everything from the WINDOWS NT server console wjhich is painful, what are the workraounds. Do same problem exist with pcAnywhere, VNC desktop, Citrix client.

Thanks,
Prem Received on Thu Feb 19 2004 - 20:38:10 CST