Re: reduce wait times

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:54:31 -0800

One more note:

  If system performance changed recently, you can generate statspack report from the good period and compare it with the statspack report from the time of bad performance.

   Also, you may try to chart / plot statspack data using Excel or 3rd party tools. This helps to find what changed in the database behavior.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com
  Standard disclaimer:
http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:zMednfyHz-ioUazd4p2dnA_at_comcast.com...

> Hello gp,
>
> Based on top wait events ( sequential and scattered reads) - I would
> suggest to concentrate on optimizing SQL - some of the BG/execs and
PR/execs