Re: Personal Oracle Patch for XP

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:50:33 -0800

"Yes. You are arrogant, and ignorant with it. You never apologies. You never admit to being wrong. You mislead people asking for help. You supply incorrect and irrelevant answers. And you lie..."

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com
  Standard disclaimer:
http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:40345616$0$29132$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> "Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message
> >
> > What is the point to pursue this word-clinging nonsense?
> >
> > This is what user questioned:
> >
> > "I haven't paid one red cent. Was I supposed to? I thought with the
name
> > PERSONAL Oracle....that it was free. Should I have gotten Oracle Lite?"
> >
> > That was your answer:
> > "
> > All Oracle software costs money. All of it.
> >
> > The confusion perhaps arises over the fact that all of it is also
> > downloadable for free at technet.oracle.com. But they are made available
> for
> > you only to evaluate and assess"
> >

> > That was my correction
>
> And what precisely did you correct. I said "they are downloadable for
> free...for you...to evaluate and assess". You quoted Oracle sating "all
> software downloads are free...only while developing and prototyping your
> applications". Those two sentences read practically identically. As ever,
> you didn't "correct", you didn't "amplify", you didn't add anything to the
> discussion. You just like to "contribute" for no apparent reason.
>
> >(citied from OTN )
> >
> > "All software downloads are free, and each comes with a development
> license
> > that allows you to use full versions of the products only while
developing
> > and prototyping your applications.
> >
> > If this is your case - you should not pay for it.
> > " (Exactly the user case)

> Are you truly from Planet Earth, or have you just breezed in from planet
> Zog?
>
> LOOK AT THE THREAD TITLE. THE GUY WANTS PATCHES. PATCHES REQUIRE A
PAID-FOR