DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS --> DB_CACHE_SIZE

From: Charles Davis <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:05:42 -0500

All,

What is the unit of measure for the value of the Oracle 8i init parm DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS? I have an Oracle 9i instance that was upgraded from 8i and this init parm is set to 366000.

I want to change the init to use DB_CACHE_SIZE instead, which is a clear unit of measure.

I have a block size of 8192, so what do I set the CACHE to for the equal size as the BLOCK_BUFFERS?

many thanks.

charles Received on Wed Feb 18 2004 - 21:05:42 CST