Re: Alert Log File (UTL_FILE)

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2004 17:23:41 -0800

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:<403222ea$0$7063$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>...
> Hi
>
> aren't you having fun with alert logs! I have a script that I have been
> prompted to work on some more by this whole discussion. (Of course Connor's
> book arrives this week and will show me all the stuff I haven't thought
> about no doubt.)

<snip>

thanks for the script.
I was doing the same thing in the operating system (mailing the daily log).
this sounds like grounds for testing utl_smtp with a file attachment.

> It is worth noting that all this work reproduces something that OEM can do
> better out of the box. :(
>
> script at
> http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com/scripts/admin/read_alertlog.sql
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

Niall,

Hee hee, my copy of "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions" arrived today (ISBN 1-59059-271-4). As the book is part of the OakTable press series and reviewed by none other than Tom Kyte, well, my expectations are quite high.

I hope to have that book covered prior to the upcoming Hotsos perf tuning Symposium in Dallas.

thanks for the script.

Pd Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 19:23:41 CST