Re: Solaris Hardware

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:47:38 GMT

Rick Denoire wrote:

> Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net> wrote:
>
> >equipment you could get off EBay. I happen to like Sun E250s and E450s;
> >they are a decent Oracle workhorse, accept a fair chunk of memory and
> >have decent disk subsystem support.
>
> So you "like" this obsolete, completely nonconpetitive equipment? The
> hardware you mentioned belongs to a museum.

Yes - IF the requirement is to run obsolete (therefore unsupported) software then the price on EBay is right. Why spend money on good equipment when the rest of the environment is garbage?

IF the requirement is to run current software in a supported manner, then there are newer options available.

/Hans Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 16:47:38 CST