Re: OracleOraHome92HTTPServer

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:43:52 GMT

Walt wrote:

> Running Oracle 9.2 on Win2k3 -
>
> What does the service OracleOraHome92HTTPServer do? Do I need it?
>
> I can't find anything in a metalink or Google search...help
> appreciated...pointers to relevant documentation cheerfully accepted.
>
> Thanks.

It's the 'built in' Apache-based web server. Used for PL/SQL server pages, Java Server Pages, front-end for OC4J (J2EE), iSQLPlus, and so on. Only needed if you run any of these things. (In the near future it will likely be mandatory, though.)

Some info is in the Administrator's Guide, some in the Concepts guide. But I agree, this beast is woefully underdocumented.

Somewhat overkill, as the setup for the OHS (Oracle HTTP Server) with the database is a subset of the one with the App Server, but you can start wading through the Oracle9iAS documentation for the HTTP Server Administration Guide. (go to http://docs.oracle.com >> Application Server section >> Oracle9i Application Server Release 2 link >> View Library link >> Oracle HTTP Server Administration Guide link)

/Hans Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 16:43:52 CST