Re: problem with starting oms

From: Franck <nospam_at_toto.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:55:55 +0100

Le Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:59:27 -0800, Howard J. Rogers a écrit :

> "Franck" <nospam_at_toto.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.02.16.20.11.30.934110_at_toto.com>...
>
> I'm getting confused with which posters have asked about which
> versions of Oracle on which versions of Linux. There have been a few
> lately.
>
> All I can say is that my paper on installing onto RH9 goes from
> initial installation through to complete setup of the management
> server. And I use it myself every time I install Oracle onto Linux,
> and if I make sure I follow every single step, and type everything
> exactly right, then it "just works". I say that not because I think my
> paper is brilliant, but only because I wrote it precisely because I
> needed a step-by-step do-it-this-way paper for my own benefit.
>
> Some people (maybe not you) appear to want the step-by-step
> but-I-want-to-do-it-my-way approach.
>
> If it used to work, and no longer does, what did you change? These
> things don't just spontaneously combust!
>
> Regards
> HJR

Thanks HJR, I resolved the problem to start oms. Just one thing I can't do, I am sure it would be easy for you. In Oracle enterprise manager console, in the menu configuration=>preferences=>tab preferred credentials, I select my database and put the username and password as sysdba and click ok but when I come back to this menu, nothing is registered. I can't do anything in the column "credentials". Something I didn't understand !
Nothing about that in your precious PDF file :-)

Thanks for help Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 15:55:55 CST