Re: Linux vs. Windows performance.

From: Ernest Siu <ernestsiu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2004 12:59:46 -0800

For what I understand, hyperthreading is about concurrently utilizing the ALU and the FPU. Therefore, if operations on the queue has both logical operations and floating-point operations, they will be parallelized. I'm not an Oracle expert or anything close to that but I'll doubt a database query will require a lot of 'floating-point' operations.

The BIOS says there're 2 CPU but there's really 1 physical CPU. Yeah really :)

Ernest