Re: RAC over NFS

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:14:09 GMT

Rodrick Brown wrote:

> I want to setup a small lab at home to test 9i RAC with NFS is it possible ?
> I heard it is and isnt so thought this would be the best place to ask.
>
> My home network is all 1000-FDX

The thing with Oracle and NFS is that Oracle wants guaranteed writes to disk. Most NFS implementations do not support that - only a few vendors (see the OTN white papers on certified NAS) have rewritten their NFS implementations to support guaranteed write.

(That said, I believe you CAN use any NFS. You just need to plan on rebuilding the database occasionally - acceptable in a lab.)

/Hans Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 09:14:09 CST