Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2004 02:13:37 -0800

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<Nr2dnVQ0ffhRC6zdRVn-uA_at_comcast.com>...
> Hello Bricken,
>
> Thank you for bringing this in.
>
> As you may check in previous posts I never ever questioned or suggested
> Mr. Howard's professional abilities (despite his absolutely unreasonable
> attempts earlier to doubt my profession experience and advice)
>
> What I did is merely noted that Mr. Howard omitted very important database
> recovery option and pointed user into direction that can be end of DBA
> career in production environment.
>
> With all this said - no one is perfect. Even the best experts can and do
> make mistakes. So, there is no need to be offended. Someone corrects you,
> recognize it and that's it.
>
> Please, look up the thread. Is there was any reason even to attempt to
> prove that user did not said exactly what he said? I think no. I was the one
> who all the time was trying to stop this flame .
>
> Mr. Howard is a long time list contributor. Does this gives anyone right
> to treat new members as a second class citizens?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron
> DBA Infopower
> http://www.dbainfopower.com
> Standard disclaimer:
> http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html

If they post tripe, definitely. It is about high time you do something about your condescending, self-justifying attitude towards almost all of the regular contributors here.
Or better still: learn some humility, admit you have been wrong all the time and apologize to everyone of this group.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 04:13:37 CST