Re: problem with starting oms

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 22:59:27 -0800

"Franck" <nospam_at_toto.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.02.16.20.11.30.934110_at_toto.com>...

I'm getting confused with which posters have asked about which versions of Oracle on which versions of Linux. There have been a few lately.

All I can say is that my paper on installing onto RH9 goes from initial installation through to complete setup of the management server. And I use it myself every time I install Oracle onto Linux, and if I make sure I follow every single step, and type everything exactly right, then it "just works". I say that not because I think my paper is brilliant, but only because I wrote it precisely because I needed a step-by-step do-it-this-way paper for my own benefit.

Some people (maybe not you) appear to want the step-by-step but-I-want-to-do-it-my-way approach.

If it used to work, and no longer does, what did you change? These things don't just spontaneously combust!

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Feb 17 2004 - 00:59:27 CST