Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:28:00 -0800

Hello Bricken,

  Thank you for bringing this in.

  As you may check in previous posts I never ever questioned or suggested Mr. Howard's professional abilities (despite his absolutely unreasonable attempts earlier to doubt my profession experience and advice)

  What I did is merely noted that Mr. Howard omitted very important database recovery option and pointed user into direction that can be end of DBA career in production environment.

   With all this said - no one is perfect. Even the best experts can and do make mistakes. So, there is no need to be offended. Someone corrects you, recognize it and that's it.

   Please, look up the thread. Is there was any reason even to attempt to prove that user did not said exactly what he said? I think no. I was the one who all the time was trying to stop this flame .

  Mr. Howard is a long time list contributor. Does this gives anyone right to treat new members as a second class citizens?

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com
  Standard disclaimer:
http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html

  All discussion was about the recovery option that was omitted and about