Re: What is the best way to copy 2G table data between two databases

From: Eric Parker <eric.parkerthedross_at_virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:08:55 -0000

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1076886365.761103_at_yasure...
> David wrote:
>
> > Hi Ron,
> >
> > TTS seems not OK since the tablespace contains other tables. Both
> > databases are on Solaris.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David
>
> Create a new tablespace. Do a CREATE TABLE AS into that tablespace.
> Then move it. The idea of moving 2GB across a database link is a
> interesting thought. Very interesting. I'm waiting to see if any of
> those that have suggested it are willing to claim they have done it.
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

Daniel

A couple of years ago we daily copied 4 GBytes of data in 250 tables through database links using CREATE TABLE AS SELECT. I don't believe any individual table was 2 GBytes (I cannot be definite on this). The copy took place within a Sun E10K Gigabyte links. We were running 8.1.7. We had 12 concurrent processes doing the copying. It used to finish within 15 minutes. The copying was done at a period of low activity.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly