Internal locks

From: Ofer <oferr_at_realcommerce.co.il>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:33:16 +0200

Hi all,

I am running a forum DB, and most of my users ask for the most recent page or message.
Since everybody turn to the same block, I have many internal locks on that block...

I increased the number of latches, and it helped for a while, but as the volume of the users goes up, my DB suffers from that problem again. As far as I understand, the problem is that most of the viewed data is at the same block, and get locked while retrieved...

Is there a way to store the data in different random blocks, or any other solution for that problem?

Thanks,
Ofer Received on Mon Feb 16 2004 - 04:33:16 CST