Re: What is the best way to copy 2G table data between two databases

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:03:07 -0800

Hello Daniel,

 I understand this is a new topic for you, but please, be patient.

 I hope, you understand that I am not spending my time benchmarking this approach. I just use it as needed.

 Years ago it was tested and found much more efficient then exp/imp or any other approach.

 About the move I mentioned - It was about 80GB of data, move took between 3-4 hours and run from two machines to central location.

 These results are highly subjective. They would be much better on idle machines and with higher degree of parallelism (I can use only degree of two).

   I would encourage interested users to test and get conclusion themselves.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com