Re: What is the best way to copy 2G table data between two databases

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:24:33 -0800

Hello Daniel,

  Sorry for not mentioning this - I assume user would use db_link to select data.

  Performance wise - I would never use exp/imp vs direct parallel insert + parallel select across db_link (especially for the big tables).

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com
  Standard disclaimer:
http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1076868183.915395_at_yasure...
> Ron wrote:
>
> > Hello David,
> >
> > Also, you can use transportable tablespaces approach ( requires
> > maintenance window since tablespace should be placed into r/o mode,
IMHO -