rman recover/restore from backup

From: Joe Fischer <jfischer_at___fischerhome__.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:03:09 GMT

        I have an Oracle Enterprise 9.2 db running on Linux. It does an RMAN level 0 backup weekly and level 1 backups nightly. Recently the data partition failed and the data files, control files, etc are gone. They are not on the tape backups because they were open when the tape backup ran.

        So I have the last full RMAN backup and the incremetals on a partition that I was able to get to.

        The basics of the commands are:

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman TARGET / CMDFILE '/u03/bin/ora_level0.rcv' LOG
'/u04/rman/ora_level0.log'

and the rman command file has:

CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT =
'/u04/rman/level_0_%s_%t.bck';

BACKUP INCREMENTAL LEVEL 0 DATABASE PLUS ARCHIVELOG DELETE ALL INPUT;         After creating a new partition for the data files, I ran dbca to create new database files. I would like to get the users tablespace stuff out of the backups and put it into the new database that was created by dbca.

        The docos are pretty confusing about all of this. Is there not some way to basically take the .bck files, extract the users tablespace and put it into the existing database? Sort of like what you might do with import?

        Thanks. Received on Sat Feb 14 2004 - 17:03:09 CST