Re: I think too many people are downloading 10g database

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:48:47 GMT

>>You mean something perhaps like the platform specific Quick Install Guides

> ?
>
>>http://download.oracle.com/docs/pdf/B10814_01.pdf
>>http://download.oracle.com/docs/pdf/B10815_01.pdf
>>http://download.oracle.com/docs/pdf/B10813_01.pdf
>>

> Exactly like that. So why isn't the 'full installation' guide likewise?
>
> HJR

Given the QIG's, I did argue for the removal of the 'other' Install Guide. I lost that one. Generally, you will see that there is sort of an 'old doc/new doc' approach with this release.

For instance, the 'old doc' way is
Install Guide -> Concepts -> Administration -> etc 'New doc' way is
Quick Install Guide -> 2 Day DBA ->

We may not be clearly deliniating between the two paths at this stage. Received on Sat Feb 14 2004 - 15:48:47 CST