Re: The Admin's point of view on DB users best practices

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:02:31 -0800

DJ wrote:

> "Rick Denoire" <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message
>

>>Hello
>>
>>I am preparing a small presentation offering DB users some assistance
>>about "best practices" when using Oracle, and defining the general
>>policy in the Admin scope. Most of the users are not specially
>>proficient in SQL and are even completely ignorant about DB internals.
>>
>>Well, I am not specially proficient in SQL either, but I would never
>>do a "delete * from <table>".
>>

> well that isnt even valid syntax - I fear some sharp replies coming

I suspect Rick was just emphasizing the point.

Rick ... there are numerous books on best practices. But the most important one is to find an indendent expert ... not just a paper expert but a real one ... to review your documents and comment on them before putting them into force.

Perhaps you can find someone outside of your organization or with a college or university program that can perform that service at minimal charge.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu