Re: How to calibrate the CBO

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:31:38 -0800

Hello Howard,

   Sorry, that you are displeased that my correct answers and were not up to your high standards :-)

   I truly believe then we provide user with the correct information and right direction. I agree, that it was not 100% spoon feed solution, but this was not my intention. I prefer teach how to fish.

   I believe life shows who is prospering and benefit other people with what they know and achieve and who is flaming others on a newsgroup forums.

  At this point, please, lets stop flaming and continue helping people.

  If you don't like my posts please ignore them, but let not make out of this newsgroup our personal battleground - this is spamming.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com
  Standard disclaimer:
http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:402d8c7d$0$29131$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> "Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hello Richard,
> >
> > I am not talking about technical stuff here. Everyone can and will
have
> > mistakes.
> >
> > My point is about playing nice, being a "mench"
> >
> > Mike and Don both take a huge participation in creating oracle
database
> > industry as we know it today.
> >
> > Their books are one of the best (Don's statspack book for example a
> > unique gem, IMHO).
> >
> > Why publicly attack people who contributed so much?
> >
> > I personally DBA with over 15 years of experience, know Oracle from
the
> > code base.
> >
> > Being couple days in this newsgroup and trying to help I was attacked
> as
> > well, just for trying to share free program with the colleagues.
> >
> > I am getting close to Mike opinion that good DBAs does not belong
here
> > (until all of us would play nice).
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> Sorry Ron, but if the best you can do on archiving is to give factually
> incorrect information, and if the best you can do with external tables for
> an alert log is a "sample" code that won't work and has unnecesasry
> encumbrances, then you are not really in the best possible position to
make
> a judgement about whether a given book is "one of the best", or whether a
> particular person has helped "create an industry".
>
> I simply don't believe you "know Oracle from the code base" because your
> contributions here have been, well, frankly, shoddy. They have the
technical
> competence one usually associates with someone who has been doing Oracle
for
> two or three years, and learning most of what they "know" from Mike and
> Don's books.
>
> Now I don't know whether that's true or not. But I can judge by looking at
> the evidence of your posts. I can similarly judge Don Burleson's
competence
> or lack of it by looking at his articles. And they are generally woeful.
Not