Re: How to calibrate the CBO

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:43:33 -0800

Hello Richard,

   I am not talking about technical stuff here. Everyone can and will have a mistakes.

   My point is about playing nice, being a "mench"

   Mike and Don both take a huge participation in creating oracle database industry as we know it today.

   Their books are one of the best (Don's statspack book for example a unique gem, IMHO).

   Why publicly attack people who contributed so much?

   I personally DBA with over 15 years of experience, know Oracle from the code base.

   Being couple days in this newsgroup and trying to help I was attacked as well, just for trying to share free program with the colleagues.

   I am getting close to Mike opinion that good DBAs does not belong here (until all of us would play nice).

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com