Re: Archivelog Mode Recoverability: How Close to Point of Failure?

From: Skinny Guy <skinnychineseguy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Feb 2004 23:06:35 -0800

Ok, I understand. So in the case of media failure, I would restore all files from tape to disk (except redo log files), hopefully have a multiplexed redo log files on a separate drive that didnt' crash, hopefully have archive logs on a separate drive that didn't crash, and Oracle will be able to automatically use both online redos and the archive log files to fully recover?

My problem is we only have a single raid device which has several logical drives, so I can't really multiplex onto a different drive. Would having the RAID be good enough, so I won't have to multiplex the redo and archive files?

My IT server guy says RAID is good enough so it'll be hard for me to push to use another drive. But doesnt RAID make a lot of the oracle multiplexing and other designs unimportant? Received on Fri Feb 13 2004 - 01:06:35 CST