Archivelog Mode Recoverability: How Close to Point of Failure?

From: Skinny Guy <skinnychineseguy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Feb 2004 16:03:26 -0800

Hi,

If I have my DB in archivelog mode and a good backup, how close to the point of failure can I recover to?

Don't the archive logs get copied only after a log switch and a log switch only occurs when a log fills up. So what if there are commits that don't cause the log file to fill up so that those commits haven't yet made it to the archive log file. Won't you lose those tranactions when you tried to recover from the full backup + the archive logs? Received on Thu Feb 12 2004 - 18:03:26 CST