Re: What would you call an interesting day...?

From: Fred Pierce <newsstuff_at_avialantic.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:09:10 -0500

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:01:40 GMT, Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote:

>Hearing the following...."I swear I didn't change a thing, and it's not
>working now. So fix it".
>

>Cheers,
>Brian

How about (after the RAID that was hosed is replaced and upon asking the sysadmin for the data files etc. to be restored from tape: "uh - there was a problem with the backups the last couple of nights..." "oh - well, then restore the datafiles and archive logs from the weekend's full backup." "Ok - hmmm, that's funny...er...how could that have happened?..." and progressively downhill from there.

fdp

Fred Pierce (DNRC)- fpierce_at_avialantic.com Mid-Atlantic Aviation on the Web - http://www.avialantic.com