Begin backup by arch process

From: Roman Klesel <roman_at_gemini.office.noris.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:07:12 +0000 (UTC)

Dear DBAs,

I was just checking the current sessions in our DB by doing a select over v$seesion, v$sql_area and v$process whith the condition vs.paddr = vp.addr and vs.sql_address = vsql.address (+) and vs.sql_hash_value = vsql.hash_value (+);

amongst the results where two lines that rally puzzled me:

	   Oracle     Pgm    Oracle  Oracle Unix       User
Unix   Unix   Session                                        Server
User       Name       Pid    Pid         ID TTY#    Program Name
Type      Current SQL Statement ---------- ---------- ------ ------

oracle                23582  23582       16 UNKNOWN oracle_at_wbdb1

(ARC1) DEDICATED alter tablespace NE_X01 begin backup
oracle 28471 28471 21 UNKNOWN oracle_at_wbdb1
(ARC2) DEDICATED alter database backup controlfile to
trace

The archiver is issuing "begin backup" commands and "alter database ..." commands?

The sessions are both active and we are nowwhere near a time frame where we want to do backup. Ontop of this we do RMAN backup and no "begin backup" is issued at all.

Greetings Roman Received on Thu Feb 12 2004 - 06:07:12 CST