Re: I think too many people are downloading 10g database

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:26:44 -0800

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> "Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>  I could burn you one this morning and have it in the mail this
>>afternoon, but its wed already so your almost there in any case.
>>
>>I was wondering tho, I havent seen any minimum hardware requirements for
>>10G, are they similar to 9i?
>>
>>cheers

> Thanks for the offer, but yes, at 1.53am it finished.
>
> The hardware requirements look about the same -they're still quoting 512MB
> RAM etc.
>
> I have to say, however, that the installation guide for Linux, HP-UX,
> Solaris and AIX is the most apalling piece of documentation I have ever laid
> eyes on (as it has always been). Why in Heavens' name can they not have
> separate documents for each O/S?? Why do I have to wade through page after
> page of AIX-specific stuff hoping to catch a glimpse of the next bit of the
> Linux install instructions? If they must all be in the same document, why
> aren't they in different sections of that document?
>
> It's enough to make you give up! But on this occasion, I won't.
>
> Regards
> HJR
I rarely agree with Oracle bashing but in this case you have my complete agreement. The cost of separating the documentation would be minimal and there is no longer the excuse of extra printing cost. One copy of Adobe Distiller and a $20/hr. employee for a few hours and it is done.

Really Mark ... this is a major irritant and I can't see the effort to separate the documentation as either a burden or an expense. Can we get your support?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu