recover database using backup

From: Reid L Maier <rlmaier_at_ingr.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2004 14:57:51 -0800

I'm trying to do some automation by placing a set of Oracle commands into a DOS batch file. The "recover database using backup controlfile;" statement generates a prompt asking for the name of a logfile. Provided I know the name of the logfile, is there a way to prevent the prompt? Perhaps I can set an internal variable with the known logfile name and have the statement execute without the prompt?

I've asked this question before but the only response I received was to 'set autorecovery on'. That doesn't explain which variable needs to be set with the name of the logfile name nor how to set it.

Any help is appreciated.

Reid Received on Wed Feb 11 2004 - 16:57:51 CST