Performance implications: 64 bit to 32 conversion

From: Chuck <chuckh_nospam_at_softhome.net>
Date: 11 Feb 2004 18:11:16 GMT

We have a mandate to upgrade all of our AIX 4.3 servers to AIX 5.2. This is going to require us to downgrade Oracle 8i from 64 to 32 bit since Oracle does not provide a 64 bit version of 8i for AIX 5. Has anyone here ever done this? Should I expect to encounter any performance degredation? Metalink has nothing on this.

What other issues should I expect to see? I am already aware of the need to run utlirp.sql, the smaller SGA size limit, and the need to apply patch 2896876 if I want to run AIX 5 with the 64 bit kernel.

--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email