Re: fast refresh for materialized views is too slow

From: Michael <mikeeria_at_interia.pl>
Date: 11 Feb 2004 07:16:42 -0800

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<5u7i201t0h5gvjm5vv6gsinnm9e8sumk11_at_4ax.com>...
> On 10 Feb 2004 08:41:06 -0800, mikeeria_at_interia.pl (Michael) wrote:
>
> > sort_area_size = 104857600
>
> What strikes me you have a sort_area_size of 100M. My feeling says
> there is something seriously wrong and your request is the result of
> prolonged symptom fighting. I have never ever seen a sort_area_size of
> 100M was necessary.

I must admit db administration is not my game. I can argue with the DBA around this value but it doesn't make a difference. I tried by changing my session settings but the timings are still unacceptable.

I noticed that DMBS_SNAPSHOT.refresh performs delete,insert instead of updates
even if the updated fields are not primary keys. And these operations of delete,insert takes forever. Received on Wed Feb 11 2004 - 09:16:42 CST