OEM -- big picture

From: Stephan Bressler <sbresslerx_no_spam_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:51:31 +0100

Hi NG,
I just installed Oracle 10g on Suse Linux 8.2, no problem.

I then planned to give OEM another try, since I wasn't satisfied with the 8i and 9i stuff (all java, very slow, uncomfortable, etc). Now I'm even not able to run the oem server, don't know where to start. And yes, I read thru the docs.

Is there a usable doc out there, starting with a big _picture_ (agents, server, communication paths, repository), etc? All the docs I've seen is explaning half a dozent xxxctl commands, which seem to be unique in each oracle release.

Stephan Received on Wed Feb 11 2004 - 08:51:31 CST