Re: where is the error ?

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pl>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:12:41 -0000

> > Hi i'm newbie to Oracle and procedure and function.
> ---snip--
> > but oracle not compile why?
> > Thanx
>
> Did you forget to put a slash "/" in the end?
>
> begin
> end;
> /

>>i create this in oracle dba studio

I'm afraid that '/' isn't nessessary in dba studio.

but it's ';' missing.

    )
  ORDER BY
    D.DENOM_COMUNE
>that return 1170 record now i have to make a function with this query
>i create this in oracle dba studio

Look, your query returns 1170 rows, next you created function and putted that sql in a body.
How do you think, that 1170 rows will fit into only 3 variables ??

> RETURN (DENOM_COMUNE, COD_PROVINCIA, COD_COMUNE);
It won't compile eighter.
That syntax i wrong.
You can return DENOM_COMUNE or COD_PROVICIA or COD_COMUNE as a VARCHAR2.

Next time please post error message you get when compiling function. Noel Received on Wed Feb 11 2004 - 09:12:41 CST