strange behaviour of merge statement using native dynamic sql

From: Cris Carampa <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:03:13 +0100

Is someone able to explain to me the following behaviour (Oracle 9.0.1.3 on SuSE Linux):

SQL> create table x (

   2 pk integer primary key,
   3 data varchar2(4000)
   4 ) ;

Table created.

SQL> create table y (

   2 pk integer primary key,
   3 data varchar2(4000)
   4 ) ;

Table created.

SQL> insert into x values(1,'aaa') ;

1 row created.

SQL> insert into x values(2,'bbb') ;

1 row created.

SQL> insert into x values(3,'ccc') ;

1 row created.

SQL> @p
declare
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01008: not all variables bound
ORA-06512: at line 31

SQL> @p2

If I increase the number of "real" bind variables by 1,2,3,... I have to increase the number of "bogus" bind variables by 1,2,3,....

Bug or feature? :)

Kind regards,

--
Cris Carampa (spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com)
"Welcome to the new world order