move db from sun solaris sparc to solaris intel

From: Van Basten <marco_van_basten_64_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2004 17:13:05 -0800

Hi, I need to move an instance that is currently sitting on a Sun Sparc Solaris 8 to another server which is Sun Solaris Intel. I am just wondering is there any easy way to do that besides export and import? Since they are different O/S, I assume I can't copy datafiles right? The reason I ask is this is a 100GB db and it's going to take a long time(and downtime) to export and import.

Thanks. Received on Tue Feb 10 2004 - 19:13:05 CST