Re: Problem granting permissions

From: pixelmeow <NJZLIRWUWYGI_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:34:31 GMT

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:22:40 GMT, in comp.databases.oracle.server, Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> scribbled:

>Your problem is not that SYSTEM owns the view, but rather who owns the
>underlying tables of the view? The "insufficient privs" error is most
>likely coming from the fact that the person querying the view does not
>have sufficient privs on the underlying tables. Sign on as the owner of
>the underlying tables and grant privs directly to the user.

Okay, here's the view detail:

select urp.granted_role role,
sum(distinct decode(rrp.granted_role,

   'ORAFORMS$OSC',2,
   'ORAFORMS$BGM',4,
   'ORAFORMS$DBG',1,0)) flag
from  sys.user_role_privs urp, role_role_privs rrp
where urp.granted_role = rrp.role (+)
  and urp.granted_role not like 'ORAFORMS$%' group by urp.granted_role

I thought this meant that SYS is the table owner. So I logged on as SYS, still no dice.

The whole issue is that I'm trying to add new users, but when they log on to the FORMs program, there are a lot of errors that don't happen to the existing user. This existing user has a role assigned to it, with all sorts of privileges (including this one) granted, but I've had to go back and individually grant these privileges to the new users because the role doesnt' seem to bring the grants along with it! GRRRR!!! I am really going crazy on this one, thanks so much for your help!

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst II