Re: I think too many people are downloading 10g database

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:59:14 GMT

Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message
>

>>Paul Drake wrote:
>>

>>>Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message

>>>Oracle also sent out a notification email that it was available for
>>>release, if you had signed up for such notification via OTN.
>>>
>>>Pd
>>
>>Still coming in over here... at about 70kB/sec, which is far less than
>>usual; normally I get about 160kB/sec or more from OTN
>>--

> Agreed. I'm still chugging along at 2.2K/sec. 30% complete! Thursday's
> looking promising.
>
> Regards
> HJR

Just started mine, so far so good, 140-160 Kb/sec, should be done in an hour or so.

Now if my SuSE 9 wasn't lost in purolator-land I could use this box with the new MB and SATA drives to test it out...(if its better than RH9 at seeing the sata drives, that is)

Geez Howard, probably faster if I burn you a cd this afternoon and mail it to you!! Received on Tue Feb 10 2004 - 09:59:14 CST