Re: OT: Outsourcing - what a surprise!

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2004 06:28:39 -0800

pagesflames_at_usa.net (Dusan Bolek) wrote in message news:<1e8276d6.0402091507.3959b200_at_posting.google.com>...
> We discussed here many times how outsourcing affects IT industry. Just
> for fun (well, quite sad fun), something that I read today on
> Slashdot. When you are filling some sensitive data about yourself or
> your family, do you trust your government ... and its contractors ...
> and subcontractors of contractors ... and even subcontractors of
> subcontractors of contractors?
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4186130/
>
> I was always "very happy" with idea to hand over sensitive company
> data to some company in India. Now it looks like the danger can be
> even much closer to your doors.

It would appear the the government agencies charged with caring for children are the best souce of information for those who would do them wrong.

Obviously a restriction needs to be added to IT outsourcing contracts that forbids passing sensitive data to sub-contractors. I question the fitness of an outsourcer that has to sub-contract the programming out to even receive the outsourcing contract in the first place.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Feb 10 2004 - 08:28:39 CST