Re: ssdbaed.o not found in Oracle9i

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2004 06:14:13 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1076393070.707414_at_yasure>...
> Vance Wu wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to recompile an Oracle application using Oracle9i library
> > and failed, it complains missing file ssdbaed.o.
> >
> > The app is compiled ok under Oracle8i 8.1.7, the object is loacated in
> > /$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/ssdbaed.o, but it is missing in Oracle9i.
> >
> > Can someone tell me the replacement of ssdbaed.o in 9i or any work
> > around?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Vance
>
> Is the name of the application, and its version, a secret?
>
> In 9.2.0.4 there is no directory named /rdbms/lib. The same is true
> for 10g.
>
> My suspicion is that you should talk to the vendor.

On AIX 4.3.3 Oracle version 9.2.0.4 does have a $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib directory but no module named ssdbaed.o exists in it.

Is this a pro*c or OCI application? Normally Oracle object modules are not referenced by name in the source code but rather are pulled in by the compile/link process to support the included calls and referenced features. Since the identified module does not exist in our library and we upgraded over 300 pro*c programs from 8.1.7.4 to 9.2.0.4 successfully it is probably not a valid module. The question then is why your code/compile is trying to access it. Make sure you are using the 9.2 version of the compile proc and that you have correctly set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable along with $ORACLE_HOME etc....

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Feb 10 2004 - 08:14:13 CST