Re: Table access slow

From: Felipe Mart?nez <homer_at_vodafone.es>
Date: 10 Feb 2004 01:11:39 -0800

> Reading it all, some questions:
> - are you sure you did what you described, and just truncated
> the table (and not drop it - in which case you could miss indexes)?

    First I truncated the table. Didn't work     Then I regenerated indexes. Didn't work     Then I droped the table and regenerated table, indexes, views...etc. Didn't work

    Next: I will try to explain plan and analyze indexes. I don't think it is an index problem it goes slow both with and without indexes.

> - post explain plans - even if you cannot change the statements, it can
> point in a direction with a bit more accuracy than this stabbing in
> the dark.
> - Did you analyze the indexes as well? Correct me if I'm wrong, but a
> ROT was to analyze the index, and estimate the table.
> - Did you have statistics in the first place? 7.3 CBO was not up to
> the standard of 9i/10i (which I'm currently downloading...).
> In your test/acceptance environment, drop all stats and see if
> performance is back to 'normal'. Only then do so in production.

     ROT? CBO? Sorry, but I don't understand the third point. I recolected statistics before doing anything and I was confident it would work like many other times, so I lost those statistics. But I remember cache hitratio over 93%. Statistics I am collecting are from v$ tables which reset everytime the database starts up (don't they?)

Thanks for your advise. I will post later with explain plan and indexes analyzed. Received on Tue Feb 10 2004 - 03:11:39 CST