Re: Passing parameters to Loader

From: Peter L <abc_at_123blah.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 23:23:11 GMT

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:30:16 +0100, Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:17:35 GMT, Peter L <abc_at_123blah.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there any way to use a runtime parameter as the value of a constant
>>in SQL Loader? I want to use a different value on each run but want to
>>avoid editing the control file as it's version managed. Running Loader
>>on 8i, from a UNIX prompt.
>>
>>TIA
>
>There isn't. Of course you could easily sed the control file, so I
>don't see what your problem is.

The problem is caused by the way code is released in our environment. The code has to be held in, and delivered from, a configuration management tool. It can be run using different parameters but can't be altered. That's why I can't edit the file, using sed or anything else. The only solution I can think of, is to release something that dynamically builds the control file, using a parameter for the value of the constant. That's allowed but seems a lot of hassle, I just hoped there was an easier way. Received on Mon Feb 09 2004 - 17:23:11 CST