Re: How to calibrate the CBO

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 22:55:22 +0100

Connor McDonald <hamcdc_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>With regard to your pga_... comments, what have you got them currently
>set to?

From my head: pga_aggregate_target=50M
According to the adviser this setting is optimal in the sense that a larger value won't deliver any significant improvement. The original value of sort_area_size in 8.1.7 was 4M. We have a dozen of "users", some of them are PCs fulfilling automated tasks in a lab.

By the way, one early attempt to cope with this problem was to reduce large_pool memory back to the value used in 8.1.7. No improvement was noticed. I have not tried other memory parameters yet, too much to try at once. It is possible that too generous memory settings lead to a deterioration of performance due to bad execution plans.

Bye
Rick Denoire Received on Mon Feb 09 2004 - 15:55:22 CST