Re: Creating Table as select...

From: Jon <jsantarelli_at_molex.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2004 12:15:45 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1076121020.197412_at_yasure>...
> Jon wrote:

[snip]

> You should never build unique indexes ... rather unique constraints.
> Unique indexes lack many of the capabilities of unique constraints while
> creating the same functionality.
>
> Create the table then create the index.

Thank you for the responses.

I realize that I can create the table then the index/constraint in seperate statements. What I would like to do is to create them in the SAME STATEMENT. I don't have a reason other than curiosity, I think it can be done, but I do not know, nor have I been able to figure out the syntax on how to do it. If you are able to provide information on how to do it that would be nice. What I don't care about is the philisophical debate on what is right or what is wrong. I just want to know if I can do it and how to - period.

Regards
Jon Received on Mon Feb 09 2004 - 14:15:45 CST