Re: Fighting ORA-00600[12421]: ... thanX

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:40:54 +0100

"Anurag Varma" <avdbi_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:09NVb.20766$IF1.14589_at_nwrdny03.gnilink.net...

> "Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> wrote in message
>
> Drop + Recreate is not the same as rebuild, since in rebuild the index
itself is
> used for the rebuild.
>
> Thus if your index is corrupted (which might be why its throwing ORA-600),
if you
> issue a rebuild, the corruption will be there in the rebuilt index also.
> Thus for corrupted indexes, its best if you drop and recreate.

Thank You for the confirmation.
I was not sure about it.

> That said, if you are having this problem regularly

Fortunately not. I am working at this place for two years now and this is maybe the second time, I cant remember the last one.

> then you need to find the cause.
>
> Open an iTar and find the cause of the corruption.

Next time I will, for this one it is too late - the trace file had been cut in the middle due to max_dump_file_size = 10240 :(

BTW
I have heard some bad roumors about iTar recently ...

Thank You all for comments

greetings, Jan Received on Mon Feb 09 2004 - 09:40:54 CST