Can't enable SQL tracing: ORA-00942 in plustrce.sql

From: Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_grp.de>
Date: 9 Feb 2004 14:15:07 GMT

Hi,

I've run into trouble enabling SQL tracing in my 8.1.6 database. I ran plustrce.sql as system and received the following errors:

grant select on v_$sesstat to plustrace;

*

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
grant select on v_$statname to plustrace;

*

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
grant select on v_$session to plustrace;

*

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

After this, "grant plustrace to username" works, but "set autotrace on" for that user doesn't ("SP2-0618: can't find session identifier"). utlxplan.sql was run successfully by the user.

Any idea what's going wrong, and what I can to enable tracing? Metalink seems unable to help me.

Thanks for any help
W. Roesler Received on Mon Feb 09 2004 - 08:15:07 CST