HA without a cluster

From: dba <teehan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2004 02:03:43 -0800

I have to deploy a new system that has some level of HA (not even three nines though) - on Sun, and I dont want all the complications and expense of sun cluster. I would like two low end dual CPU sun boxes, each attached to an small external storage array (50GB?), one running apps, one running Oracle, and the ability to mount the respective filesystems to either node in the event of a hardware failure. Should be simple - its HA for cheap. I dont have money for SAN/NAS hardware.
NFS mounting will probably be too slow, so does that mean I need a dual-attach array? If so is it as simple as connecting both servers, and managing which node is mounting which filesystems?

Anyone made a cheapie cluster?

Thanks!
Mark Received on Mon Feb 09 2004 - 04:03:43 CST