Re: For the SQL Gurus out there, a question

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:22:52 -0800

Anith Sen wrote:
> Representation of data in a relational database is by definition, logical. I
> am more interested in knowing why this schema, irrespective of the number of
> tables, has anything to do with physical design.

We are talking here about Database 101. If you need a course in relational theory and relational database architecture take it at a local college or university. If you are not familiar with the work of E.F. Cobb and Chris Date you have no business getting behind the keyboard.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu