Re: Oracle 9i features?

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:13:45 GMT

Serge Rielau wrote:

> Did I state for "illustrative purposes" when I referred to shapes? Yes I
> did.
> Note that I did NOT state what is needed. I simply clarified the origin
> of the question. I even stated that feature/function comarison is moot
> (and noted that index on expression (which DB2 does NOT support) is a
> possible match).

Not arguing with the illustration - which was descriptive and therefore good. Just pointing out that the chosen example was already handled, using methods Daniel mentioned.

> Do I need to post incognito to not be shot on sight?

Not at all. I rather enjoy your knowledge and your comments. Hope others do as well. (If you think that was shooting .... where's Sybrand when you need him?)

> Aside Joe Celko reached beyond orbital speed the moment sequences and
> identity entered the stage. Little do I care.

(I know what you mean. I've enjoyed Celko's diatribe's over the years, especially his column(s) in Database Programming & Design. I still go back to them for insight as well as a chuckle.)

/Hans Received on Sun Feb 08 2004 - 19:13:45 CST