Re: full text search on only some rows in the table?

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 18:42:55 +0000

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 10:22:09 -0800, "Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote:

>"Pascal Damian" <pascaldamian_at_icqmail.com> wrote in message
>> Suppose a table stores 100k documents in a CLOB field. But I only
>> wants to full-text index about 10k of those (to keep the search fast,
>> and the 90k documents is not of interest for searching). How should I
>> do that?
>
> Simplest would be to split tables into one indexed for search and another
>which is not.

 Approaching it from the other direction, another possible approach could be to make the Text index a USER_DATASTORE index, based on a function that returns NULL for the docs you don't want indexed, and the actual content for those you do?

--
Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> / Space: disk usage analysis tool
<http://www.andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space>