Re: yipeee!

From: Mark A <ma_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 09:42:12 -0700

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1076171235.839763_at_yasure...
> Mark A wrote:
>
> > I don't know what you mean by "competitor product," since I am not
> > associated with Oracle or IBM other than having used both products. But,
> > don't really understand why Oracle trolls come on this forum to
denigrate
> > Oracle competitors. Well, maybe I do understand.
>
> No one came to the DB2 forum to denigrate an Oracle competitor. Get over
> the insecurity. The OP asked a question about Oracle and DB2 and posted
> it to both forums. A response in one forum was a response in both.
>
> I find it fascinating that in the Oracle forum ... Oracle developers and
> DBAs routinely criticize Oracle. They are honest, open, forthright, and
> willing to call bad support bad support, bad policies bad policies, and
> bad product implementations exactly what they are.
>
> Apparently in the DB2 forum some are driven by insecurity, perhaps
> a fear of men in blue suits, because they react to every statement that
> doesn't heap praise upon DB2 as some kind of terrorist attack on God
> and Country.
>
> Get over it! It is just software.
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan

Daniel, I have criticized IBM about problems with DB2 many times in this forum, especially when I think it is something that can be easily fixed. Most recently that included poor support of the Linux environment, especially with regard to the bash shell.

But you come here as a troll, and never as someone trying help others with DB2 problems (other than suggesting that they switch to Oracle). Your lack of knowledge about relational technology is appalling for someone who teaches the subject. For example, you recently claimed that RAC was share nothing, and then had to retract that statement. I don't believe for one second the excuse you gave for not knowing the facts.

The truth is that you are a troll on this forum, never passing up a chance to push Oracle as the solution to every problem. Personally, I don't care about that, since I don't work for IBM, but I find it very distracting for those of us trying to help others with their DB2 problems. Received on Sat Feb 07 2004 - 10:42:12 CST